Product Loading Stations
Volkmann offers a comprehensive range of Product Loading and Feeding Stations, optimised for dust-free operation in conjunction with vacuum conveyors. This includes:
- Bag feeding stations
- Big bag unloading stations
- Drum emptying systems
- Material unloading from drums and bags under high containment conditions,such as OEB Level 4 and OEB Level 5
- Customized hoppers, material receivers, collectors, pickup stations and docking systems
Volkmann loading stations, when combined with a conveying system, allows easy and efficient addition of bulk materials into production processes.
Load products such as powders and granulated materials directly from barrels, drums, bags, special bins and containers, even with plastic liners. Combine our units with process control systems which can integrate with remote controls and monitoring systems. All levels, alarms and error messages as well as other required information can be transmitted for evaluation and monitoring.
Utilise our experience and knowledge and ask us for our solutions on how to pick up and convey the materials within your production process, for example for emptying bags and special bins, Big-Bags, Silos etc.
- Dust-free material handling
- Product areation and loading with full control
- Avoid the difficult manual handling of all sorts of bulk materials packed in drums, sacks and other containers
- Reduce health risks in the workplace
- Protect the environment from hazardous materials
- Increase the quality of your final products and the working environment
Bag Rip-And-Tip Dump Stations
Volkmann offers an extensive range of product loading stations including Rip-and-Tip/dump stations for bagged materials. Systems are avaliable with different filling volumes available, from mini (30 litres) to maxi (> 500 litre buffer).
All stations are designed and manufactured by Volkmann in Germany, all parts with product contact are made of stainless steel 316L (1.4404).
These sack loading stations are available with different functional modules:
- Shelves for ease bag handling
- Internal grille to support and empty bags
- Optional screen to prevent contamination with bigger material pieces (for example for protection against paper or plastic pieces cut off when opening openin the bags)
- Dust hood with task hatch to close the system
- Integrated filtration and dust recovery system
- Filling volume extension
- Material agitators and fluidisers
- Material lump breakers and material agitators
Systems can run under Nitrogen, if required for quality or safety reasons upon request.
Big-Bag Unloading Station
Our modular Big-Bag Unloading Station BBU-1 is optimised use with Vacuum Conveyors for dust-free operation. It can be used for a variety of bulk materials, can be customised to aid with unloading of poor flowing products and bring them into process areas without any contamination of the product or surroundings.
Customisation can be done easily to fulfill all local demand and application requirements.
- for Big-Bags up to 2,000 kg
- loading by fork lift or with an integrated crane and hoist
- dust-free connection and emptying of Big-Bags
- integrated filtration and dust recovery system to manage dust during change of Big-Bags
- Optional lump breakers and material agitators
- combined systems with Bag Rip-and-Tip Station available
Containment Material Unloading Station RNT-CON
With certain applications, where highly potent or toxic materials need to be added into a process it requires dust free and contained powder unloading solutions. Volkmann’s contained Rip-and-Tip unloading station allows the opening and empyting of bulk materials from bags, boxes and other small containers completely dust and contamination free. Therefore, critial powder handling processes, that involve toxic or dangerous powders, therefore become safe. The modular design of the product feeding station, RNT-CON, enables a flexible solution with various functional units and options to suit the installation requirements.
Bags or containers can be fed semi-automatically into the isolator via a roller conveyor (loading through an optional dust lock). After this dust lock, they enter the negative pressure unloading chamber. Inside the glove box isolator, they are opened manually and discharged into the feeding hopper for transfer by the vacuum conveyor. Optional Lump breakers/crushers and material agitators are available. If required, the closed station can be flushed from within using a hand washing gun or with an integrated WIP/CIP/SIP system.
- Flushing connection with washing-gun or spray balls
- Continuous Multijector de-dusting and filtration, optionally prepared for on-site central extraction
- Door lock, operated by foot pedal
- Inlet tunnel, with the optionto include a dust lock with separate dust extraction
- Dust protection, with the option to add a second pneumatic door lock
- Roller Conveyor for bags, with the option to add bag separation, vacuum lifting hoist and extended buffer zone
- Material discharge with lump breaker, with connection for vacuum conveying
- Modular connection to bring out the emptied bags, either with bag compactor, endless liner etc.
Drum Discharge Systems
Volkmann systems for discharging bulk material from drums either work by tilting and emptying the barrels into a pick-up hopper or by an automatic guided suction lance. Feeding with a lance may alternatively be performed manually. Special secondary/feeding air systems allows the system to take material from barrels with liners or directly from sacks. Our systems provide an extremely gentle material transport from the barrel and does work successfully with sensitive and easy to damage delicate tablets.
The system monitors and regulates the suction air flow to avoid excess pressure actionon sensitive bulk goods, which can occur with tipping systems. These systems allow for the discharge of material from drums with liners under full containment to work in a closed system under controlled environmental conditions.
IBC Docking And Discharge Stations
Volkmann docking and discharge stations provide a quick exchange and dust-free join between frequently exchanged IBCs and other process equipment:
- docking of IBCs at filling and discharging stations
- docking of Vacuum Conveyors safely and dust-free with mobile hoists directly on top of filling machines, tablet presses etc.
Ask us about possible solutions and ideas for your material transfer application.