Aspiration, screening und recovery of metal powder for AM
Aim of the PowTReX to recover usable expensive metal powder after the printing process and to discharge material that is no longer usable for the printing process. The sieved powder returned to the production cycle, increasing efficiency.
The system provides reliable and safe operation with all common metal powders for additive manufacturing, including stainless steel, aluminum, titanium and others.
The system has a high material throughput of up to 500 kg / h for stainless steel and up to 300 kg / h for aluminum powder in a very small footprint.
Optionally the sieved powder can be recover automatically back into the 3D printing process by vacuum conveyor technology.
The explosion-proof system with its integrated HEPA filter ensures a safe and clean working atmosphere.
Also available as closed-loop / inert system.
The system works with both, normal atmospheric air and inert gas. If inert gas delivery is required or desired for product protection, the PowTReXi system will run in a “closed loop” mode. The inert gas is kept in the system cycle and will be reused, not consumed. Additional costs for large amounts of inert gas are thus avoided.
Volume expansion tank V-Comp
Suddenly falling or increasing pressures and volume changes in closed gas cycle systems often lead to problems, that is the reason why Volkmann GmbH has developed the V-Comp volume expansion tank.
The V-Comp is used for example in the filling process of AM machines, the emptying of unpacking stations or in closed-loop gas systems between PowTReXi and 3D printing machines for pressure compensation.
Pressure surges and fluctuating gas pressure changes during ongoing operation are actively compensated, the V-Comp thus ensures stable closed-loop gas management.
In particular, the suction process from glove boxes is reliable and trouble-free with the V-Comp, without the unpleasant pressure fluctuations negatively influencing work with the gloves or endangering device safety.
Application examples for the V-Comp:
AM applications // unpacking stations, AM machines
Closed-loop applications // Container emptying and filling,
PowTReXi in connection with AM machines and unpacking stations
- Active compensation volume of 75l
- Low height of 1m
- Clean design with a completely closed surface for easy cleaning
- Fast response time to compensate for short-term or permanent pressure fluctuations
- Enables closed-loop vacuum conveying even in small system volumes (pressure chamber, unpacking station)
- Can also be used under fully inert conditions
- Reduces the pressure fluctuations to <+ – 20mbar and thus enables convenient suction even when wearing gloves
- Integrated safety function for the automatic, safe discharge of excess system gas
Volkmann Split Valve VIAS
Split Cone Valve for docking operations, specially designed for metal powder transfer in AM
Exhibition valve assembly at Formnext 2019,
November 19-22, 2019, Frankfurt, Germany:
- Safe and easy docking of material containers and other powder-carrying devices
- Safe and simple docking of material containers/IBCs, and other powder handling devices
- Clean Coupling and Decoupling with no material spill
- No contamination of metal powder and environment
- Designed for use with both inert gases and air
- Connection 4“ TC and DN100 TC
- Vertical installation with passive and active valve components
- Valve Materials: Aluminium 3.1645 or Stainless Steel 1.4305 and 1.4435
- (all valve surfaces, where the AM metal powder could cause abrasion)
Volkmann Split Valve VIAS IV-P/A-AL